FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q3 Suggestion: a Modifier to add Dynamics

Hi THere -

I generally use the dynamics in Pro-Q3.

What I find frustrating is that once I use the mouse to set the node for freq (drag) and Q (cmd) - I then have to release and click separately in the main panel to set the dynamics and then often go back to the main window to set how much.

Surely there could be a modifier action once you've set the freq & Q to then drag the dynamics into play?
Literally, in one movement without taking the mouse off the screen, you could set freq, Q and dynamic depth.

Brent Burge

Hi Brent,

When you have a band selected, press hold Alt and use the scroll wheel (or two fingers on your trackpad) to adjust the dynamic range. Holding Command instead adjusts both Gain and Dynamic Range simultaneously. Holding Alt+Command will adjust just the gain.

Cheers,

Ralph Verdult

Alternatively, you can right-click on the curve (or use the menu triangle button in the parameter value display) and click Make Dynamic. Now you can drag the dynamics marker to adjust the dynamic gain.

To create a dynamic band, you can also Alt-drag the result curve, or Alt-double-click on the display background.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

OMG - the scroll wheel!

Thanks so much for the replies folks. Thats going to change my life.

Cheers - Brent

Brent Burge
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list