FabFilter User Forum

Triode/Diode algorithms from Culture Vulture for Saturn 2

Please consider adding this to Saturn 2

Luis Rodriguez

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your feedback. I think our tube algorithms already provide you with a close approximation of tube clipping. Whether pentode or triode are a bit tricky in the digital domain. I think pentode or triode simply refers to driving the tube under full or half power, making the sound a bit less articulate and more driven in triode. If you want to recreate this is Saturn 2, choose a tube setting, drive the input harder and mess around with the dynamics knob.

I think diode clipping is a very broad term for all kinds of different clipping devices (germanium, silicon etc etc.). Could you refer me to a specific sound you like that uses diode clipping?

Thanks in advance!

Maarten de Boer

Its hard to specify a sound that uses Diode Clipping. I have Decapitator and I use it with my 808 bass sounds in T or P mode. The problem with Decapitator is its not apple silicon compatible. So I switched over to Saturn. I will try your suggestion. I have to do more research on the Culture Vulture to better understand why so many seek that type of sound.

Luis Rodriguez
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list