FabFilter User Forum

GUI Lagging with Nvidia Graphics Card

Hi all,

all out of a sudden with all the Fabfilter Plugins the GUI is super laggy.

I disabled hardware acceleration, which kind of helped, but the Plugings are still only hitting like 20 FPS. That's okay to work with, but I would like to get it back to running smooth the way it always did.

The weird thing is, while I was troubleshooting last night, it suddenly started working fine again, but after restarting my DAW (Bitwig Studio), the problem reoccured. I tried reproducing this but couldn't do it so far.

I suspect there might be some setting in the Nvidia Control Panel that's causing the issue, but I tried all the 3d-Settings that seemed reasonable and nothing changed. In general I'm pretty sure it's about Nvidia, and not about Bitwig.

Audio is not affected, the issue is only graphical.

I'm using Win10 with up to date drivers, I have a Ryzen 7 4800 H processor and an Nvidia RTX 2060.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Luis

Luis

Hi Luis,

Have you checked for driver updates for your Nvidia cards? Some video cards also have dedicated studio drivers, which seem to handle multiple smaller gui's better than the regular game ready drivers.

Cheers,

Ralph Verdult

Hey,

sorry, totally forgot to reply to this - yeah, my drivers are up to date. Studio and Game Ready Drivers don't make a difference.

Luis

Luis
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list