FabFilter User Forum

Fabfilter All-in-one plugin

Hi everyone!

I'd love to see fabfilter create a rack or channelstrip style plugin where we can access all of the fabfilter plugins as different modules, kind of like iZotope Neutron or Soundtoys EffectRack!

I feel it would make the workflow faster than opening and closing individual plugins in the DAW for those of us that like to work with channelstrips.

Hopefully more people request this too and we get it soon!

Dani

Hi Dani,

Thanks for the feedback. A plug-in like that is also on our wish-list, but so are many other plug-ins and ideas. Unfortunately I can't make any promises, but it is on our mind.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

I would REALLY like this kind of plugin. I'm CONSTANTLY using Pro-Q, followed by Pro-C2 and Saturn 2. Would be so handy to have these plugins accessible in one window...

Ozone is a good reference. One window and different modules that you can stack and move around.

Sounds like a winner to me...

So, thumps up
Jan

Jan Christophersen

This would be really cool. A channel strip plugin just with knobs and meters and without an EQ graph where you can focus only on the sound and don't get distracted by any graphs or animations.

Olli

:)

Olli

…and don‘t forget the FabFilDAW ;-)

Sven

DAW is a far bigger task than a Channel Strip, lol. And there’s no channel strip yet :(

Serhii

+1 for the channel strip

Raphael Sepulveda

+1

jakub kudlac

+1

And what would really take a channel strip approach over the top is to have a master modulation section that would control each individual effect in the effects rack (Saturn, Pro-R, Pro-Q, etc) all at the same time.

Tekkerue

Ozone is a resource hog, hence why iZotope offers every piece of Ozone as a separate plugin for you to apply how you want and where you want.

Marc Driftmeyer

+1 to this. I'd even thought it'd be cool to infuse plugins within the strip with a watered down Saturn, adding a nonlinear vibe to the eq for instance.

But possibly one of the most workflow helping concept would be auto gain staging between modules. So going into and out of the Fab Filter pipeline is always healthy and consistent. Just a thought.

Nathan Morrow

+ 1
I'd love to see something like this.
This also could really push the boundaries of what Multi-Effects/Effect Racks/Channel Strips are capable of.
Taking inspiration from the Waves Omni Channel, you could have the basic controls without fancy analysing displays next to each other and the option to go in depth into each one of them - expanding its interface over all of them.
It would be nice if you'd incorporate more than the Pro-series Plugins, but all of them, so we really don't have to open another Window.
Also having global Modulation functionality which you could use for all of them (including pitch follower) would really enable this plugin to have much more use than a normal Channel Strip.
When looking at routing, you could take inspiration from Bitwig and making not only Mid/Side L/R routing options, but also Dry/Wet or for instance Reverb Tank or separate routing of the MB-Capagilities of Saturator for instance possible. (Of course this would only be accessible via an extra section, that's normally hidden)
To top it of, this could also become one of the best instruments out there. Make us able to put twin at the start of all of that and you're golden.
Yes, this is all wishful thinking, but if someone can pull it of, It's you guys!
Keep the awesome work up!
Thank you!

Tiny

+1 to a channel strip

EQ
Compressor
Saturation
DeEsser

Floating modules to move anywhere in the chain.

Metric Halo Channel strip has a pretty good layout. But rather than the side panel that opens to show analyzers and knees etc. clicking somewhere in the module opens the bigger UI for that module.i.e. have any 6 bands of EQ showing normally, but "expand" opens the analyzer. AND if you own Pro-Q (for example) then it could open the full UI with all the bells and whistles, vs just the channel strip version with the analyzer.

DC

If Fabfilter ever do develop something like this, I hope they will take a leaf out of Kilohearts Snap Heap plugin host.

Edward

I hate this idea.

One of my main reasons for using Fab, besides the excellent audio quality and UI, is the discrete tools for each job.

I used to use Ozone and other 'combo' tools, but ended up feeling I never really knew what it had done to my mix, so I didn't learn much.

With Fab, I know exactly what is going on, and I learn from it.

But hey, that's just me :-)

John

Me too!

Billy

Me three

Scoops

I don't really need a channel strip type device
I don't use it for Ozone, I wouldn't here.

In my DAW, I can save effect/VST chains. Very useful

Scoops

+1 on the channel strip. Adjusting eq and compression in a single window at the same time makes a big difference in workflow. The Mertic Halo CS3 is a good one to use as a guide.

Michael

+1 from me for the channel strip. It is a workflow thing for me. The MH one is very good from the usability perspective.

Another good example is iZotope Alloy 2 which unfortunately has been retired. Good presets, enough of them, plus the overview page to adjust the basics. I guess Fabfilter could do much better. :)

Ralf Hoeppel
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list