FabFilter User Forum

No indication that a preset has been edited

I own most of your plugins. Did I miss something obvious? It occurs to me that when I load a preset in any of your plugins, the name of the preset is shown at the top of the plug. Fine.

However, when I start tweaking the preset to my own requirements using the UI, there is no indication that this has happened - it's usually the convention to put a * next to the name once editing has started.

This * is very helpful in informing the user that things have changed, so using the same preset in another instance or project is no longer going to have the same effect as experienced in the former instance.

Can this be added to the Fab plugs? Or have I already missed some other way in which you indicated this?

Cheers,

SledDriver

Oh wow. I've just realised that you do indicated this by dimming the name of the preset.

That really is SO easy to completely miss. I mean I've been using your plugs for years and never noticed this before until I was expressly looking for it just now.

I really think you need something a bit more obvious to indicate that a preset has been edited.

Dim it by all means, but I really think it needs a * too to make it obvious.

Your slick interfaces are a thing of beauty which I very much appreciated, but when it's so easy to miss an indication, maybe the indication needs to be improved...

Cheers

SledDriver
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list