FabFilter User Forum

Timeless 3 modulation not synced to Ableton transport?

Hi, I have a question - I just installed Timeless 3 into Ableton (11, Windows 10), and tried out the 'Chopsticks' preset which has a lot of audible modulation on it. The modulation appears to be tempo-synced, and according to the manual, this means it should follow 'song position' (transport) as well. However, I can see the modulation acting continuously on the plugin parameters regardless of play/stop state or song position. Much worse than that though is that that same effect is audible - since it does not start with the song start, the very rhythmic modulation is off beat in a bad way, and also unpredictable on each play.

Is there anything I might be doing wrong? How do I get it fully tempo-synced? I already looked in the modulation windows themselves for anything aside from the tempo-sync parameters (they are all set to '2' mainly, none to free).

Jonathan

It's neigh near impossible to hear or see with that specific preset as it's so glitchy, but when I make an empty preset, insert an XLFO, set it to sync, it will restart with the song position. Btw, using Live.
I think that preset has too much weirdness in it for its own good, and always sounds a tad off.

Bram
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list