FabFilter User Forum

Pro L2 "save as default" not storing settings

seems that the lock output setting defaults to on and is affecting this somehow? Is this a bug?

Deji

Hi Deji,

I've just checked, but with the output settings locked I can still save my settings as default. Could you send us a video of your steps and a description of your system to info@fabfilter.com?

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi Ralph, just sent the video. noticed it had changed to what i set as default yesterday that didn't work. turns out it does save as default but it doesn't work until the daw is restarted, at least for Pro Tools, im thinking it could also be a Pro Tools thing rather than a bug with the ff Pro L2

Deji

Hi Deji,

Pro Tools indeed works slightly different. Pro Tools caches a plug-in's default setting the first time the plug-in is opened after Pro Tools' launch. It will keep using the default settings saved in the cache for any new instances of that plug-in as long as you are running Pro Tools. To use an updated default preset you would need to restart Pro Tools after you saved the preset as default. After the restart Pro Tools will cache the new default settings, which will be used for any additional instances of that plug-in.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list