FabFilter User Forum

Ableton Live 10 track export with Pro-Q3 / Pro-MB sidechain

Hello,

I'm trying to export individual tracks as stems in Ableton Live 10 using the "All Individual Tracks" option in the export menu.

I have one track (A) with both Pro-Q3 and Pro-MB. Both of those VSTs are being fed a stereo sidechain signal from another track (B). I'm using a 3rd track (C) to route the signal from B to A. So the path is (B) -> (C) -> (A).

I cannot find a way to export (A) and (B) as individual tracks so that the sidechaining into Pro-Q3 and Pro-MB happens on export. The only way I can is to solo A, B, and C, and export the master track. But I need A and B to be separate tracks on export.

Is there a way to export using individual tracks in Live 10?

Brian

I just tested this (admittedly in Live 11) and it works as advertised. I get a ducked signal when using your method (with an extra audio track) and I get it to work when using the side chain box of the Pro-MB device.

Just to verify, do you hear the sidechaining happening when you listen (before export), I assume you know, but you have to set Pro-Q3/MB to listen to external side chain source.

Bram

Thanks for the quick reply and for help! I had inadvertently set the Input Channel on the extra audio track to "Post Mixer". I set it back to "Post FX" and it works as advertised for me as well in both Live 10 and Live 11.

Brian

Hehe, glad you got it sorted!

Bram
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list