FabFilter User Forum

Sidechaining Pro-Q3 in Logic - SC linked to wrong track

I have a synth bus in Logic that I am sidechaining to my vocal track using Pro-Q3. I turned on the dynamic range and do see the EQ ducking, but it's ducking to a track that is NOT my vocal, even though the vocal is selected in the sidechain at the top right corner of the Pro-Q3 window. Is this a bug or am I sidechaining incorrectly? Again, Pro-Q3 is on the synth bus and sidechained to my audio vocal track.

Jonathan Taylor

To duck the vocal when the synth plays, you need to insert Pro-Q3 on the vocal track, and select the synth track in the side chain box :)

This will allow Pro-Q3 on the vocal track to listen to the synth track, and duck the signal whenever the syntrack plays.
Also, don't forget to click on "auto" in Pro-Q3 so the little side-chain button appears, you need to click on that as well.

Good luck!

Bram

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm trying to duck the synths when the vocals are playing. I have Pro-Q3 on the synth track sidechained to vocals....Isn't this correct? It seems to be ducking from another track, like it's sidechained to the wrong track...

Jonathan Taylor

Not sure what I did but it started working so all good. Working out better than sidechain compression doing the entire signal!

Jonathan Taylor

Ah yes, that does make more sense than ducking the vocals!

Glad you got it working now, I think it's probably the little blue side chain button in the ProQ3 band-control that you missed the first time around.

Bram
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list