FabFilter User Forum

Delay Compensation is Disabled in Protools when using Midi

Hi,

I am using Pro Tools (Latest Version) with the Latest Version of FabFilter Micro. I am trying to control the filter with Midi to do simple filter sweeps. The problem that I am having is when I setup a midi track to control FabFilter Micro, the Delay Compensation that was once on that track goes to 0. So my track stops playing out of time.

Setup
1 Audio Track with audio and Fab Filter Micro in insert A.
1 Midi Track
Before Routing the midi track to FabFilter the Compensation on the Audio Track is ~16000. after routing the midi track to FabFilter the delay compensation goes to 0. If I remove the routing, the delay compensation goes back.

Anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks!

Bryan Robb

Hi Bryan,

I have not been able to reproduce your issue. However, it sounds like Pro Tools is going into Low Latency Monitoring mode when you are assigning the MIDI channel to Micro. You could check if disabling Auto Low Latency on the track that has Micro resolves the issue. To do so, right-click on the compensation line in the delay compensation window below a track and select "Auto Low Latency Off". This should turn the compensation indicator blue.

If this does not work, please send your session to info@fabfilter.com and we can have a look.

Cheers, Ralph

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list