FabFilter User Forum

[BUG] Cubase 11 / Win10 - FabFilter plugins automatically change window size when reopened

Hi,
I've ran into the issue with Cubase 11 (11.0.10 as well) Pro and the latest version (Dec 8, 2020) of VST3 FabFilter plugins on Win 10.

The plugin window shrinks in size when it is closed and opened again with the "E" button on a plugin name.

I've tested Pro-Q3, Pro-C2 and Pro-L2, they all behave like that.

I thought this might be fixed by enabling "Allow window to be resized" option in Cubase, but it's not present for FabFilter plugins.

Here are my settings:
- Cubase has HiDPI mode turned on.
- I have two displays in use, 1440p and 1080p, each with 125% scaling set in Windows settings.
- In Windows compatibility DPI settings for Cubase I've set Scaling is performed by Application, otherwise the text in Cubase 11 is displayed blurry.

Here's the video with the demonstration of the issue and with all the DPI related settings: i.imgur.com/4cNfjdb.mp4

This doesn't happen with Cubase 10 (I have it installed in parallel) with the exact same settings.

Sergey

Bump :)

I've also made the post on Cubase forum, there's seems to be one person with the same issue.

Here's the link to the forum: forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-11-win10-fabfilter-plugins-automatically-change-window-size-when-reopened/6

Sergey

New update:

Someone suggested to use the "System" in Windows DPI scaling settings for Cubase, instead of "Application".

Despite it fixes FabFilter plugins auto-resizing issue, it also makes Cubase look blurry, thus unusable for a long amount of time.

Here in the post I've added the screenshots for comparison:
forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-11-win10-fabfilter-plugins-automatically-change-window-size-when-reopened/691181/4?u=sergeyotro

I would appreciate a fix or at lease a workaround, because using Pro-Q3 when it hides the control elements because of the small window size is a real PITA.

Sergey

Man oh man, your support e-mail anti-spam filter is drunk :)
imgur.com/a/qlgPsUj

At least a response/acknowledgement of the issue would be nice.

Sergey

Hi Sergey,

Unfortunately I have been unable to reproduce your issue here on my system. Does the problem occur on both screens? What is the video card you are using?

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi Sergey,

I can reproduce the issue with Cubase 11 running at 125%. As far as I can see, this looks to be a bug in Cubase 11 and I've reported it with Steinberg. For now, all I can recommend is to temporarily go back to Cubase 10, or use the VST2 plugin version of Pro-Q 3 (and our other plugins). The VST2 plugin doesn't support free resizing, so it doesn't suffer from these types of problems.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Ralph and Frederik, thanks for tuning in and taking your time to investigate, appreciate it! I've posted an update with new info from Frederik in the topic on Steinberg forum as well, hopefully this would speed things up a bit.

Thanks for your help! Even though it's a bit frustrating with this resizing issue I'm still using your plugins because they kick some serious ass :)

Sergey

... Another possible solution is to use 100% or 150% scaling.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Quick update: got a response from Steinberg representative, he said they're working on the fix.

forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-11-win10-fabfilter-plugins-automatically-change-window-size-when-reopened/691181/10?u=sergeyotro

Sergey

Great! Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Cubase just released v11.0.20.0 update, and the bug is still reproducable on 125% systemwide scaling. That was dissapointing.

:(

Sergey

OK, there seems to be some movement in direction to fix this annoyance.

forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-11-win10-fabfilter-plugins-automatically-change-window-size-when-reopened/691181/14?u=sergeyotro

Sergey

Any updates on the issue?

Sergey

We've reported this to Steinberg in February, and I've asked them again whether they are working on a solution.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Good news, seems like v11.0.30 Cubase update has a fix for the issue. Just checked, all FabFilter windows maintain their size after opening/closing.

Sergey

Hi guys,

Seems like it's not fully fixed :(

In 11.0.40/41 there's another issue with my FabFilter plugins and Cubase.

Already added plugin maintains its size, but newly added plugins randomly scales bigger and bigger.

Here's a video with demonstation of the bug and my Win 10/Cubase settings:
drive.google.com/file/d/1zogjLVYT9sTSMcVOCxccfYYGnMB8Qtr1/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if there's any info you need.

Thanks,

Sergey

Bump

Sergey

Thanks Sergey, we'll investigate the problem.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks Frederik!

FYI, I'm also talking to the Steinberg representatives on their forum, and seems like they have filled a bug:
forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-11-win10-fabfilter-plugins-automatically-change-window-size-when-reopened/691181/31

Sergey

I have experienced this issue as well at 125% display scale, both in Cubase and in Wavelab - in Wavelab it can lead to the plugin window size growing exponentially, so it becomes impossible to resize the window or click on the window size preset buttons as they are like 10 screens away.

This happened in the event effects window in Wavelab, apparently every time switching from some other fixed size plugin to in this case Volcano 3 and Pro Q 3.

Setting scaling to 100% temporarily made the issue go away, hope this gets sorted out.

Bernhard Gruber

Cubase 12, the latest FabFilter plugins. The issue is still there. With 125% scale set in Windows, each newly inserted plugin enlarges its window.

Serhii Kozachenko

The fix will be in Cubase 12.0.10 -- not sure when it will be released.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Frederik,
Got it, thanks!

Serhii Kozachenko

Guess what, tested on 12.0.10.
The issue is still here. For more than a YEAR.
Sorry, this is just ridiculous.

Serhii Kozachenko

Sorry, my bad, was using the December FabFilter build, instead of the February one. With the latest FabFilter plugins and Cubase 12.0.10 it's all good. Thanks for the fix!

Serhii Kozachenko

Having this issue with Studio One V6.

Did you find any solutions to this?

FrederikM.

Still no solution for me. Also a Studio One user. It works as it should in Studio One 5.
Have been in contact with the FabFilter support and they had me check some registry value but it was as it should.

Magnus

Got a reply from fabfilter support. Its a known bug in studio one introduced somewhere in version 6. Presonus is working on a fix that will be present in the next update.

Magnus

I also have this issue in Studio One v6.6

RedSkyRoad

And with todays announcement of Studio One 7 I guess we wont see a bug fix in version 6.x.

Magnus
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list