FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q3: band solo is bugged on Ardour DAW

Hello, I use Ardour as my main DAW and I noticed that in using your Pro Q3 equalizer the "only" mode does not work. Could you fix this problem? Thanks
Saverio

Saverio Foti

Hi Saverio,

I've just tested Pro-Q 3 in Ardour 6, and the band solo function seems to work properly. What OS system and Ardour versions are you using? Are you using the latest version of Pro-Q 3?

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

I'm not sure it's the same thing but maybe. I click on the solo button and it doesn't do it as before where you only heard the affected frequency. Now, you click it and it's almost as if you didn't click. It's strange. It works but like only a little tiny bit, barely affecting the signal. You hear a very faint effect. The volume output, you turn it down completely and nothing changes, almost. It's like the EQ affects the signal but only a little bit. I compared it to the REQ from waves and with the waves you can take out, completely, the dialed frequency. You sweep your high pass right all the way and there is no signal, all frequencies are gone so no sound. The Q3 doesn't do this. All signals pass.
Any ideas?

T

Nevermind. I found the latest version and downloaded it. This fixed the problem.

T

Actually, the bug seems to still be there. I use Harrison MixBus32c which is based on Ardour.

I have tested it in two machines: the VST2 version of Pro Q3 works as intended, but not the VST3.

When I use the VST3 version of the plugin in MixBus the solo button doesn't do anything. Everything else seems to be working as intended.

I have tested it in VSTHost and it works, so the issue maybe only with Ardour/MixBus with the VST3.

Hugo Portillo
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list