FabFilter User Forum

Ears only mode

Hej,

really enjoy working with all your plugins. They are very well thought out.

Just sometimes I would hope for an ears-only mode. The eyes tell our ears to often what to hear. There is a mode in the sonnox eq called "ears only". You will get very different results in eqing if you only depend on your ears.

Wouldn't it be a very cool option for pro-q if one could turn of the graph?

Greetings
JC

JC

Hi JC,

Thank you for your message. That's an interesting suggestion as it is definitely a possibility you'll end up with different results if you work without any visual feedback.

At the moment the closest you'll get to that workflow with Pro-Q 3 is turning the analyzer off, or... closing your eyes. For now, it is not something we're considering to implement. Perhaps if there are more requests for it we'll be willing to reconsider.

Maarten (Fabfilter)

Hej Maarten,

thanks for your answer. I'm not so much "concerned" with the analyzer, but with the eq-graph. If I could turn off that line, that would change a lot. If I see 10db at 4k I might not like it, even if it sounds cool.

So: Maybe give us a way to turn off that eq-graph? An easy solution maybe...

Keep up the good work,
JC

JC

All types of EQs show you how much you cut or boost and where your selected frequency is. I guess for what you’re asking, just don’t look?

Ibrahim

Right, most do. And I don't look. But, as I mentioned, the Oxford EQ has this ears-only-function where you just don't see the eq-curve that you are setting up.

It's just a workflow-idea...

Greetings JC

JC
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list