FabFilter User Forum

Saturn 2 feature request - sidechain for amplitude detection

Hi, it would be great to get a built in sidechain EQ section in saturn 2 (like we have in pro C2) - I've been using this a lot to soften harsh transients in drums, sometimes it would be really useful to be able to detect just the high/high-mid frequencies when using the envelope follower/generators to catch the transients I'm after
Best,
Joe

joe

(Sorry, I should have given this post a better title as it sounds like I'm requesting a standard sidechain feature which I know saturn 2 already has! It's really a request for a built in filter as a sidechain)

joe

I second this. As serial compression/expansion, I use Pro-C2/Pro-G's sidechain EQ with an Envelope Follower mapped to ratio & ScEQ filter Q resonance to specifically focus on the Fundamental frequency, 1st harmonic, 2nd harmonic, 3rd harmonic, and the 3-6 kHz (Fletcher Munson) range.

Being able to apply my process with a sidechain EQ filter for Saturn would make this a game changer and an even more versatile plugin amongst all of the other saturation plugins out there.

Will

Hi,

We do not have a side-chain filter, but you can set Saturn 2 to use one of the bands as a trigger for the EF or EG. So if you don't want the kick to trigger a certain modulation you can just make an extra band and use the top band as the input of the EG or EF.

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list