FabFilter User Forum

Logic Pro 10.6 and Apple Silicone?

Hi,
FabFilter plugins will work on Apple silicone and Logic Pro 10.6?

Avior

Not yet, look up the post below

Martin

We have now tested with the release candidate version of macOS 11 / Big Sur on an Intel Mac and didn't find any problems with our current plug-in versions.

Again, for production systems we generally recommend to wait with upgrading to a new macOS version until the first update.

Our Intel plug-ins will also work well on a new Apple Silicon Mac using Rosetta 2. We are working on native Apple Silicon plug-in versions and are planning to release these soon.

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

On Apple Silicon MacBook Pro, FabFilter plugins (latest download of demo versions from your site) do not show up in Logic Pro 10.6 menu at all, even though they pass au validation and are activated in Plug-in Manager.
The plugins run fine in Hosting AU (a lightweight au hosting app), so it seems to be a Logic-specific issue.

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Very strange! Did you use Migration Assistant to setup your new MacBook, copying plug-ins during that process? Or did you do a fresh install?

Could you try to uninstall our plug-ins, and remove Logic Pro's cache? (~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.cache)

Then, reinstall our plug-ins and restart Logic Pro. Does that solve the issue?

Floris (FabFilter)

Hi

Thanks for the quick response!

It is a fresh install. Thanks for the helpful tip. I managed to fix it by deleting both of the following together:
~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.cache
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist
and then reloading Logic.
Now they are showing and working in Logic fine!

By the way, from the Total Bundle, the synths "One" and "Twin 2" still fail validation with error message below - but everything else is working
>> ERROR: 4099 IN CALL Cannot Set Output Num Channels:2 when unit says it can

Adrian

I am experiencing my logic pro x crashing everytime I open a project the first time. When ever this project contains a fabfilter plugin. After I open it back up its fine though with CPU issues.. please check on this instability.

Big sur 11.0.1

Macbook air apple silicon M1 8core

Temur bakhriddinov

@Adrian: We are aware of the problem with One and Twin 2 when running under Rosetta 2 on an Apple Silicon Mac. We'll release an update soon to fix this.

@Temur: Can you send us a test project via email so we can check on this?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list