FabFilter User Forum

ProQ fl studio 20 automation

So on my old laptop i could create a automation by rightclicking on the proQ knobs. Now i have a new laptop and reinstalled everything, this way of creating an automation doesnt work anymore.

I know how to work around it tools>last tweeked.

But for a moment i was excited my workflow was smoother than ever with a 3rd party plugin.

Is there anything i can do to be able to right click>create automation again?

TriCore

Are you sure this actually ever worked? There's not a single 3rd party plugin in FL I'm aware of with this functionality. How should FL know which parameter is in the UI at that mouse position?

IIRC this was never possible - especially not in ProQ. Right click always opened the context menu of the bands here, since ProQv1 and also in earlier versions of FL.

Mirko

www.abc.com

sasas

So i doubted my memory, and started up my old laptop, its still lets me open the FL menu inside FabQ.

For example: if i low cut and right click on band freq, it gives me the FL pop upmenu. With; edit events, init song, create automation clip etc etc.

I was as surpised as you Mirko when i first saw it. But its super convienient, thats why i would like to recreate on my new workstation. But maybe it was a lucky glitch afterall.

TriCore

Okay I just checked it again too :-D I loaded up ProQ1, ProQ2 and ProQ3, added a low cut and right clicked on it. In all 3 instanced a context menu opens with "disable", "shape", "stereo placement", "split", "delete", ... This is even in v1, so I guess that's the default and planned behavior. You weren't able to get that context menu then ever? Other controls in the UI don't do anything when right clicking them.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to see a setting in FL that could enable that. Maybe try posting it again in the Imageline Forum. It seems to be that was some glitch in FL that got fixed later on. But for as long as I am using FL I didn't notice that :-D

Mirko

Not sure if you already found solution but I'll write it anyway for other users.Move up and down a thing you want to automate so FL studio will see what you moved (modwheel for example) then press tools ----->Last tweaked------>Create automation clip

Robert

And yes it was available by right clicking on thing you wanted to automate dunno why I can't do that anymore

Robert
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list