FabFilter User Forum

Dear developers, FabFilter!

Hello!
Dear developers, FabFilter!
I am writing about the equalizer Q3.
Make frequency collision suppression dynamic and fluid.
For example, on the “C” chord, conflict occurs at 1200 Hz, and on the “Fm” chord, at 1300 Hz.
Make the plugin mode Q3 so that the user can select the primary instrument and the secondary instrument.
And so that the alignment occurs automatically - if necessary at 1200 Hz, and if necessary at 1300 Hz.
Because it is impossible to tune your eucalizer so that, for example, on the “C” chord, the conflict is suppressed at 1200 Hz, and on the “Fm” chord, the conflict is suppressed at 1300 Hz.
This will make your equalizer even more popular!

Please upgrade your plugin "Q3" to resolve frequency conflicts.
What would:
1) It was possible to select the main instrument and the secondary (suppressed) instrument without including the sidechain in the DAW. (plugins see each other)
2) So that you can (in the red zones) select the level of automatic suppression - how strong it will be.
3) What would the plugin show - whether the frequency conflict was preserved or not after suppression by the user

S.K.A.T.

Hi S.K.A.T.,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are getting quite some request to implement some form of frequency following for Pro-Q 3. Until now we have steered clear of any form of automatic processing or A.I. in our plug-ins. However, since we get quite some requests for this, we will investigate if this might be something for a future update or plug-in. Unfortunately I cannot make any promises, I hope you understand.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list