FabFilter User Forum

Missing Preset with Pro-Q3 and Pro-L2 using macOS Catalina.

Hi, I have a little problem.

After reinstalling my OS and all the plugins for my DAW's including Pro-Q3 and Pro-L2 all my presets are missing from those plugins.
They are not in the library, just can't find them. Can someone advise on where I can find them and what to do to get them back?

Ivan Litus

Hi Ivan,

Normally, a FabFilter plug-in will install its factory presets automatically when you run it for the first time. If the plug-in has failed to do so, and you only see an empty preset menu, please check the following:

First of all, open the plug-in in your DAW, click on the (empty) preset menu button and choose Options > Restore Factory Presets.

If this doesn't work, there is probably a permissions issue that prevents the plug-in from installing the factory presets. Open Finder and navigate to the /Users/<your user name>/Library/Audio folder, select the Presets folder and press Cmd+I. In the Sharing & Permissions section at the bottom, make sure you have 'Read & Write' permissions.

After you've corrected the permissions, open the plug-in again and choose Options > Restore Factory Presets again if needed. All presets should now be available.

Since OS X 10.7 (Lion), the user Library folder is marked as hidden by default. To make it visible again in Finder, open Terminal (found in /Applications/Utilities) and enter: chflags nohidden ~/Library

If after this the presets still do not appear, you can install them manually. You can download them here:

www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads/factorypresets.zip

After downloading, please unzip and move them to the following folder:

Mac: User/Library/Audio/Presets/FabFilter/
Windows: My Documents\FabFilter\

If there is no such folder in the above location, please create one manually. Please note the 2 capital F's in FabFilter.

After this, reopen your DAW and they should appear in your plug-in.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

I have the same issue. while trying to apply any preset from my PRO-C2, got an error : "The preset file could not be opened. Unknown preset signature (likely intended for another FabFilter plug-in):"
When try to Restore factory presets got another error: "Error: Unable to restore all factory presets. Please make sure that your current preset folder path is valid and that your preset folder is not read-only." When I check the folder Audio/Presets It has all the permissions described in your post. But still not working. This issue happens after I install the new PRO-R2, not sure that could be a reason. I use my fab filter plugins inside logic with my Mac with M2 chip

Oleksandr

Oleksandr, we'll get in touch with you via email for some questions.

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list