FabFilter User Forum

Cubasis Crashing w/ MB

I am using a 2016 9.7 inch iPad Pro with the latest iPad OS. In Cubasis, if I have pro MB open and editable, when I switch to a different app, cubasis crashes in the background and has to restart when I return to it (and any unsaved MB settings are lost).

If it’s not explicitly on the screen (ie open in the inspector), it’s fine. Only an issue when the plug-in is visible.

Speaking of Cubasis—
I also have to mention that I am extremely disappointed that I can’t side chain MB in Cubasis. It didn’t mention anything in the description in the App Store about only working in certain DAWs. If it had, I likely wouldn’t have purchased it in the first place. I understand that all hosts are not fully implementing auv3 specs, but there are other compression apps that find a way to make it work, even if it’s a hacky workaround. I understand that you are not interested in using unstable workarounds, but there’s no way for a user to know that without digging into forums. So it seems only reasonable to mention in the app description that side chaining in iOS/iPadOS is only available in certain compatible hosts.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Would it be possible to send us a short video that illustrates the issue? Please send it to info@fabfilter.com and we'll take a closer look at it.

About SC support; Unfortunately, Cubasis still doesn't offer SC support for AUv3. We know they're working on it like many other iOS hosts, but it looks like this is still taking some time for most companies. Our plug-ins support it but its up to the host developers now. You could consider opening a support ticket with Steinberg as they're probably able to give you a bit more info.

Cheers,

Maarten

Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list