FabFilter User Forum

iPhone Support for AUv3 Plugins

Increasingly there are fully-fledged DAWs available on iPhone, and not just iPad. It would be an incredible boon, therefore, to be able to use the FabFilter plugins on iPhones as well as iPads.

I appreciate the difficulty in providing a good UX on a smaller device screen, but given FabFilter's famed UX I am confident that it would be possible.

Ara

Yes! Yes!! :-) Rock it Fabfilter! … and one more thing: iPhones have always the latest and strongest CPU … that's not always the case with iPad – that reason alone is worth to go that route …

Patrick Delz-Barca

We hear you! :)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I’m crossing my fingers for something along these lines some day soon!

Ara

You two nailed it. I also mostly seek for my newer iPhone to play live guitar as it has a better CPU than my iPad. But not being able to add as steep of a high cut as Pro-Q can provide is really a lag on my iPhone. Same goes for the other FF plugins.
Crossing my fingers here too :)

Jacou

That's a use case I never considered, using the phone as an FX pedal for an instrument in a live performance setting. That's so cool, and is just more evidence that there's a big market for this.

Ara

Has there been any movement on this front? It’s something that lots of people would really benefit from.

Ara Adkins

We are going to look into it! Can't do everything at the same time unfortunately...

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for the update!

Ara Adkins

Sorry to bug y'all again, but I'm curious if this is still being considered.

I'm about to integrate an iPhone into a small music setup and I'm really going to miss my fabfilter plugins.

Quartzite

The lack of universal support stops me from buying more of them tbh

Quartzite

Yes, we are still interested in adding iPhone support. I looked into it, but unfortunately it became clear that we need to do substantial changes to the UI to be able to run well on such a small screen, so it will take some more time.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I'm glad that this is still being considered. There are lots of on-the-go music setups that don't really accommodate an iPad, so being able to have these work on iPhone would be incredible.

Ara Adkins

I would love to have your plugins on my iphone , they are the bomb

shaun

Please, please add support for iPhone. An HX Stomp or an XTone paired with an old discarded iPhone absolutely blows away anything on the market from Neural DSP or Fractal Audio in terms of flexibility and even sound if cherrypicking effects and use something like AUM to host everything.

Marius Lacatus

Especially now with IK Multimedia Tonex about to come out, I can see folks velcroing old iPhones to guitar pedalboards for the best sounding hybrid setup.

Marius Lacatus
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list