FabFilter User Forum

Using only fabfilter plugins....

I have come to a conclusion, I have always used and looked for hardware emulation ... Pre Api, neve, ssl .... Compressors and eq of all kinds ... But, I finally tried to detach myself from this mentality.
I tried to make some mixes using only "modern" plugins like these from fabfilter. I used saturn 2 as a pre, as a tape and as a saturator, I used pro q3 for all equalization, pro c2 for compression, and so on. I must say that the result is exceptional. I believe that fabfilter and all the companies that move in this direction are the real future!

Trasparent eq!? WTF... just use a little touch of saturn 2 and you'll be OK! I finally have My sound... I don t care if it's not like Api or neve.... The important thing is that it's a good sound!
You guys of fabfilter have done a great, great job!

What do you think about using "modern sound" plugins? Let me know your opinions.

Cristian

Nice - I have many times thought of the same. Why not mix only with Fabfilter and dump all my "analog" vst ... but I've never dared :-)

Morten

Need to try this as well, thanks for encourage!

Sergey

Try it! You will not be disappointed..... Analog emulation are good.... But I think that at this point it's all a matter of marketing....

Cristian

I will give it a shot ... is it cheating to use Soundtoys Sie-Q ;-)

Morten
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list