FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q 3 Standalone?

Hi I am assuming ProQ3 is only available in VST format.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to use the ProQ3 as a standalone app in Windows 10? (Outside a DAW environment)

I want to use it as an audiophile EQ to listen to my music collection and tame the bass on my Bluetooth Speakers.

Is there a way? Maybe a wrapper program you know of to house it Like VST bridge does for old VST plugins.

Adrian Peters

Hi Adrian,

Our products are not available as stand alone applications. We offer them in VST2, VST3, AU en AAX formats.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi,
I would like to ask similar question.
We would to use this program to test TVs/MediPlayers loudspeaker performance over HDMI cable and bluethooth connection if possible.

We want to make changes Windows-wide, not just in specific player/program.

The current method we have is using this program over Equalizer APO program. Program works this way but we have 2 problems.

1st is that we can't use any boost because it triggers Windows limiter I guess.
2nd is that the program's analysing function does not work (It can't show the frequencies of the sounds playing).

Is there a workaround you could provide? Do we need to use external sound cars/DAWs? Sorry but I have limited knowledge on these platforms. I'm from a company which makes media products, and we consider to buy PROQ 2/3. You can contact me via E-Mail as well.

Ali Bekir

Hi Ali,

I've seen people use Virtual Audio Stream successfully to use VST plug-ins on their system audio on Windows system. You can check them out here:

ddmf.eu/virtual-audio-stream

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Thank you Ralph,

We will look into this option as well. But if you could make the Pro Q3 standalone version that would be really beast :)

Ali Bekir Kılıçkaya

Hello, everyone! I'm Kylie, a nature enthusiast from the heart of Boston. When I'm not serving up smiles at work, you can find me exploring the great outdoors or lost in a good book about spirituality.

kylieenace

By using a VST host along with Virtual Audio Cable, you can use Pro Q 3 as a standalone application to process audio from your music collection. Good luck! suikagame.io

Adam
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list