FabFilter User Forum

Saturn 2 - Arrow buttons to select different saturation types

Saturn 2 is excellent.

With so many distortion and saturation types included, I see why you created sub menus.

When auditioning the different types to establish which would work best on a particular track, it's a bit of a workflow-killer to have to go into the menu system each time.

Triangular arrows at each end of the style button, for previous and next, would be of great value.

Is this something that could be considered?

Toby Pearce

+100

it was my first move - to find these arrows. I don't know what type of saturation I'm looking for, especially in the CREATIVE saturation unit. Anyway, congratulations on the solid release. The modulation system now much more meaningful.

Please, do not delay updating other plugins. I pray for Volcano and Timeless.

Aidar Ka

That’s an awesome suggestion, +1 to the request

Serhii

You can use your mouse scroll wheel to change distortion types, hovering mouse cursor over the style button.

Orestes

I figured there was an elegant desktop solution, but any chance we can get a better saturation type selection experience on iOS? It’s pretty clunky clicking through 2 windows to change to the next saturation type, assuming you remember which folder your previous audition was even in...

May I suggest a potential solution: tap and hold current type, let’s say ‘Warm Tape’ for example, and the window containing folders for the various saturation types appears (as it currently does), however, the folder containing the current active type could also cascade open. Then, you’d either drag over the folders to the open ‘Tape’ (in this case) window, hover over any saturation type, and release to swap type in. Alternatively, while dragging over the folder window to make a selection, drag finger up/down to any other saturation type folder to auto show, in real time based on the position of your finger, whichever window is currently hovered/dragged over, hover over desired type after gliding over the desired folder, and then release to select.

This would get us down to one click/release to instantly and easily select any saturation type in any folder using the existing GUI elements.

Or, arrows would be fine, if they were big enough, haha. Really, anything would be better then the current 13 clicks to simply view all available types, and...72 clicks in order to try out all 24 types. And on something like the iPad Mini screen, it’s a real battle.

Speaking of which, some text fields and nodes are incredibly small/difficult to select, highlight, or enter data on these smaller iPads; or get obfuscated by other pop-up elements. A larger font option would be greatly appreciated, but I’ve resorted to using the Apple Pencil to give myself a fighting chance, haha.

In any case, Saturn 2 sounds incredible. I’ve midi learned and mapped it, and absolutely love it. Thank you!

dreamsaremaps

I agree it's cumbersome to go through different distortion styles in the iOS version since you don't have the mouse wheel option, and we'll look into improving that in a future update.

Regarding small text fields/buttons on iOS: that's true but there's also not that much space available, so we can't just make everything larger. In all our iOS plug-ins, the actual hit targets for the controls are larger than how they appear on screen, so they're easier to grab than you would think.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for your reply! I agree that small text is just a part of life on iOS, especially on smaller iPad models. The pencil really does do a great job selecting fields and nodes (thanks to the target area being larger than indicated visual - I had suspected as much!)

Regarding navigating the different distortion styles, thank you for taking interest. I’m sure whatever solution gets implemented will a big help!

Much appreciated!

dreamsaremaps

+1 on arrows for distortion types. Hope this update will come to Saturn 2

Will Parini

+1

Sven

I would love this. You can swipe up and down with the Magic Mouse but I’d really
like arrows

Damien

Yes! I was also feeling the same thing! I was very disappointed to find out that there are actually no arrows to change saturation types!

So +1 more!

And please FabFilter do that soon!!! :D

Jonatan Rosso
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list