FabFilter User Forum

Pro MB attack/release help

Hi all

I have a new user question about Pro MB - the attack release settings are in % (which I understand the reason for) but I am struggling to relate these % to fast or slow.

If I am looking for a slow attack for example - is this near the 0% or the 100% setting?

Thanks

Peter

Peter Wright

Hi Peter,

Pro-MB's attack and release controls are indeed a little different than your usual millisecond display which you'll see on most plug-ins. The reason for this is that Pro-MB's attack and release is highly program dependant, so reflecting a fixed time value wouldn't make much sense. You can think of the attack and release controls as fast near 0% and slow, nearing a 100%.

Maarten (Fabfilter)

Hey Maarten,

program-dependent how? How do the attack and release times depend on the signal?

Thanks

plf

The attack and release times differ on the program, for example fast release times in the low end are not as fast as a fast release time in the high end.

Ralph (FabFilter)

Thanks! Why is this better than letting the user set attack and release times in milliseconds?

plf

It will give you a better sounding result, especially on bands with a wider frequency range.

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list