FabFilter User Forum

Can't type in values "1" - "5" as parameters on any fader in any Plugin

Does anyone else have the problem, that whenever you try to type in values on a fader, certain numbers won't react? For example: I cannot type in the values 1,2,3,4 and 5, but 6,7,8,9,0 are working. Is there any setting I'm not seeing? Just bought a new pc and downloaded all my FabFilter plugins. They work perfectly accept for this "bug", if it even is one and not my stupidity.

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Strange issue! You should be able to enter these values on most parameters that have a text entry option. Could you send us a short video that illustrates the issue? Please send it to info@fabfilter.com

Thanks in advance!

Maarten (Fabfilter)

Hi Maarten,

I have also just started experiencing this issue. Please advise.

Tom

Tom Heist

Hi Tom,

Could you tell us a little bit more about your system? Operation system + version, DAW+ version etc? Are you running the latest updates of our products? We have released a general update last June that has fixed the entry bug in Catalina.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi FabFilter Team,

I am currently experiencing the same problem while using Windows 10 Pro 1909, Ableton Live Suite 10.0.1, Pro-Q 3.14 and a Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard.
I cant type the values 1,2,3,4,5, but if i press shift it works just fine.
Obviously I dont want to press shift all the time.
Thank you for your help.

Dorian

Dorian

Hey..I feel relieved that is not only my problem. Experiecing exactly the same issue (can not type numbers from 1-5) on Windows 10. Using Ableton DAW and Logitech keyboard

olga

Same here:
- Win 10 Pro
- Ableton Live 10.1.30
- Logitech MX Keys
- Fabfilter ProQ 3.17

Had the issue before and after the update to 3.17 of ProQ.

Nikos

Oh, and not ProQ specific, same issue when trying to type any value (1-5) in Pro C2, Pro-R, Pro-MB

@Fabulous Fabfilter Fellas:
Would be really nice to have that fixed soon! Thanks

Nikos

Did you manage to solve it? I have the same problem ... Apparently the problem is in the interaction with Ableton Live, since I tested it on Studio One and the plugin worked perfectly.

Kaio Maxwell

Also seeing this problem with latest version of Pro Tools, latest Pro Q 3 version on Mac 11.2.3

Andrew

We'll investigate to see if this is something that we can influence.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I just tested with Live 10.1.35 on Windows 10 and if you have a plugin window open, the 1, 2, 3, 4 keys will place the plugin into the red/orange/yellow/green collections. If you double-click on a knob to type its value, all keys just go into the text box as designed. So I can't reproduce the problem myself here.

@Andrew: there is a problem with text entry on Big Sur in Pro Tools and we'll address that in the next round of updates. For now, you can just type the value, but you won't see the text until you hit Enter.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Still is not working for me..Windows 10, Ableton 10.1.. can not type any number except zero. holding shift doesnt help or clicking on thhe knob.

ooan

Same - all FF plugins no longer allow to type in values. Just reading the comments re Big Sur issues in PT so I guess it's a matter of waiting for an update from FF to resolve issue.

M

We are aware of the issue in Pro Tools on Big Sur, which will be fixed in a future update.

Ralph Verdult

Just curious if there is an update on this. I've currently seen this happen on all the fabilter plugins I own. Pro-Q3, Pro-MB, Pro-C2, and Pro-L2.

My current setup:
- Windows 10 pro - Version 21H2
- Ableton 11 (11.1.1 Build 2022-03-03)
- Keyboard: GMMK - Tenkeyless v1
- AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
- 64gb Ram 3200MHz

Joshua Stahlkopf

Hi Joshua,

This issue was resolved in an earlier general update. We have not seen it in Ableton though, just in Pro Tools on Big Sur. Are you running the latest versions of the plug-ins?

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

Hey Ralph thanks for the response. Yes I'm currently running the latest version for all the plug-ins.

Pro - Q3 Ver 3.21
Pro - MB Ver 1.26
Pro - C2 Ver 2.15
Pro - L2 Ver 2.11

Josh Stahlkopf

Hi,

I am also having this issue on Windows 11 with Ableton 11.1 and Pro-Q 3 3.21. I have tried the Ableton Options.txt fix of -_EnsureKeyMessagesForPlugins as well with no luck.

Nathaniel Dempkowski

We just found that when using Live Enhancement Suite (enhancementsuite.me/) can cause some numbers to not work in our plug-ins.

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list