FabFilter User Forum

Equivalent of Multiband Compressor from iZotope as FabFilter?

Hi FabFilter Team

Can I achieve what I am doing here in a Multiband Compressor filter in Adobe Audition with one of your filters?

I think the filter/plugin in question is this here:

larryjordan.com/articles/audition-multiband-compressor

As in the Multiband Compressor from iZotope (branding seems to be removed in Adobe Audition?)

Would probably use it in FCPX or Logic and not Adobe Audition…

Am guessing that “”FabFilter Pro-MB” might do the trick?

Important: Can I dial in the exact same numbers so that stuff I have already edited with the other the Multiband Compressor (probably iZotope) sounds the same with stuff I edit in the future with a Fab Filer?

thanks

Paul

Paul

The problem is, that even if you could type in the exact same numbers, no two compressors will give the same result. Close, probably, but not the same.
Also, Pro-MB works with percentages instead of ms for the attack and release parameters, probably because the ms numbers don't mean all that much in program dependent compressors - which incidentally is one of the reasons no two compressors will sounds exactly alike.

Other than that, indeed, Pro-MB is the one you'd want from Fabfilter :)

Bram

Hi Bram

Honestly all I did was use a "Broadcast preset" preset and it sounded good. I think the numbers that it uses are in the "Multiband Compressor" screen shot at the link I posted above.

I appreciate that all these tools have a different flavour.

All the same can you point me in the right direction?

eg give me percentages and where I would need to apply to get a similar sound?

With respect to the OUTPUT SETTING I am doing this "Use -3 dB when compressing a voice where there is nothing else in the mix."

I love your filters own 2 already and want to move away from Adobe Audition as it drives me nuts. Also not a huge iZotope fan ;-)

any help gratefully appreciated

Paul

Paul
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list