FabFilter User Forum

The metering in Pro-L 2 is the best I've ever seen. Fabfilter should make it into a standalone plugin

I just upgraded to Pro-L 2 and this is the most beautiful plugin I've ever seen. The metering alone was enough for me to buy it. Obviously you should mix with your ears not eyes but the metering (specifically the 'loudness' component) is too good to not add to your toolkit.

Not many other plugins visually show level that well, not to mention the fact that you can get accurate measures of LUFS which for some reason so many plugins haven't implemented yet. For real, I can't think of one instance where RMS would be preferential to K-weighting. FabFilter dominates in so many areas already, if they release the Pro-L metering as a standalone plugin it would be at the end of everybody's mastering chain. They could even add A and D-weighting to target the non-music audio people. I think this would be a simple undertaking for FabFilter with a large payoff.

Jon

Yes, I agree.

Full spectrum analyser, Pro-L2 meters, stereo/mono/correlation, etc etc...this would sell like hot cakes.

Core

I came to to request this also. I really love this meter. I know other plug ins where you can instantiate just a portion of it. I think this would be a great addition to v3 ;)

reij

Many of us have been asking for a Metering Suite for years!

KC

I came here specifically to say the same thing. Fabfilter could create a killer modular metering plugin. They are masters at smooth low-overhead graphics rendering.

Stef

for real. These guys should just create a metering plugin, especially considering how much they seem to focus on innovative visualization.

tk

+1 from me for a metering solution.

... And a channel strip. :)

Ralf Hoeppel
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list