FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q 3 DPI scaling

Hello,

In my DAW (Studio one 4.6.1) scaling in Pro-Q 3 is absurd. Every time I open it, it becomes twice as big. After opening it 3 times it overlaps both my screens fully!

Pro Q 2 works fine.

What is different? Is this a bug in pro Q 3?

Thanks for any info.

JV

Hi JV,

Have you tried disabling graphics acceleration? You can read about it here:

www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/#how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi JV,

I've tested in Studio One 4.6.1 with 200% scaling on Windows and Pro-Q 3.11 and didn't get any problems. Which DPI scaling percentage are you using?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Sorry, my information was incomplete.

I'm using two monitors on Windows 10.

The first one is a HD monitor, set to 100% scaling. The second one a 4k monitor, set to 150% scaling.

Every time I open a fabfilter plugin (any plugin, I thought it was only Pro Q 3) it doubles in size. After three or four times a single plugin takes up both screens.

JV

A solution that would at least make life a bit easier would be if Fabfilter plugins are always restricted to 1 screen. This way they cannot completely overlap both my screens.

JV

I've send an email to support, hopefully I will receive a reply.

JV

I have a similar issue with Win11 using Bitwig. What was the solution for this? It's driving me mad and seriously impacts the amazing workflow I love so much about FF plugins.

Texas

Hi Texas,

There is a checkbox in Bitwig's Plug-in settings called "Plug-in Interface Scaling". Could you check if disabling or enabling this option resolves your issue?

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

Hi Ralph

I have the same issue with FF plugins in bitwig on windows 10. I switched my GPU from Nvidia to AMD and the GUI gets bigger everytime I open the plugin. I tried switching off Plug-in Interface scaling but this is not an ideal solution. Other plugins wont work this way and it is impossible to use them.

Philipp

I checked it again and it is only a problem with the VST3 versions of Fabfilter plugins. The VST2 versions work without problems in scaling.

Philipp
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list