FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q 3, Pro-C 2, Pro-G, and Pro-DS causing exports in Premiere Pro to mute

I just recently installed the latest Fab plugins on my work computer and now that I have tried to use them, they are not working. I am using them in Adobe Premiere Pro -- everything I'm using is fully up to date and brand new.

When I apply any of these plugins to a track it causes them to be muted in the exported video. The plugins are functioning while editing in the timeline but are breaking something in the export.

Anyone else? This is super frustrating.

Rob D.

Hi Rob,

That's very strange! Could you send us a small video that illustrates the issue? Please send it to info@fabfilter.com

That would really help!

Thanks in advance!

Maarten (Fabfilter)

I am having this same issue.

M. Dailey

I'm having this issue also, it's muting the output of any channel the Fabfilter plugins are on during playback. If I bypass the plugins in the track mixer, I can hear it playing back fine but as soon as it's activated again, there's nothing.

Gwyd

Can you tell us which version of Premiere Pro you are using? Mac or Windows? AU or VST2 or VST3 format?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I'm having a similar issue in Premiere Pro CC, although it's happening during playback whilst I'm editing. If I disable the plugins the audio returns. I'm using the AU versions of Q3, C2 and L2.

It happens after closing Premiere and then reopening it. Adding a new plugin works fine, it's just the ones that were added before closing and reopening that mute the audio.

Using the latest versions of Fabfilter plugins and Premiere Pro CC.

Running on a new MacBook Pro 16" with Catalan.

Mike

UPDATE: I copied all the parameters to VST 3 versions of the plugins then removed the AU plugins. I then closed and reopened the project and everything is still working.

Before doing this, I opened the project on a 2017 iMac running Mojave and the audio was still being muted by the plugins.

Mike

Hey guys,

We've been in touch with Adobe about this. They admitted they have an issue with AU plug-ins in the current version of Premiere. Please keep an eye out for an update from Adobe.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list