FabFilter User Forum

Bug (Help)

I recently bought the multiband compressor and the pro Q-3, but i have a problem. Both plugins works great for a while in every project i use them in, but for some reason after a while, they start lagging. What happens is that about 30% of the plugin goes black, and the format of the plugin changes which makes it hard to work with.

(It still works to use, but since the format of the images changes and not the actual format of the plugin, I can't really see what Im doing).

I would really appreciate some help!

Karl Hägnander

Hi Karl,

With some graphics cards and host software combinations, the GPU-accelerated graphics acceleration system in our latest plug-ins might cause problems. You can turn off graphics acceleration to find out if this fixes the problem.

Tip: If you experience problems, first try to update your graphics drivers to the latest version!

Windows: Click the Start button, type 'regedit', Enter to open the Registry Editor. (You might have to give permission to continue.) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FabFilter. Right-click and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name it GraphicsAcceleration and ensure its value is 0.

Mac OS X: Open Terminal and type: defaults write com.fabfilter.Common GraphicsAcceleration 0

The above steps will turn off graphics acceleration for all FabFilter plug-ins. To re-enable it, change the value 0 to 1 in the steps above.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list