FabFilter User Forum

Midi controller

Midi controller.
Can I use Midi Fighter or the Jog wheel on the Behringer X-TOUCH to control the active parameter on the plugin.
I would really like to choose a parameter with med track pad / mouse and have som kinde of controller to use adjusting the parameter ... eyes closed and focus on the sound changing :-)

sorry for my poor english ;-)

Morten Andersen

Hi. No, MIDI controllers don't work like that. What you want is a controller that acts like it is a mouse wheel.
Audient interfaces have a function that allows you to use the volume knob as a controller where your mouse pointer is. Also, the Contour Shutlle should be able to do this (but please check, I have no experience with these).

Bram

I have the iD22 ... if I can use the monitor knob that would be awesome

Morten Andersen

hmmm .... As far as I can see is it only the iD4 you can use as mouse wheel :-(
But the CONTOUR Shuttle Pro could bee an options, but can´t find any info about it.

Morten Andersen

Aww yeah, all the others do it (it's called the "iD" function) - just not the 22.
Anyway, here's the website for the contour with documentation: www.contourdesign.ca/product/shuttlepro-v2

Bram

There’s also this: www.nobcontrol.com

Bram

Thanks Bram - the nOb sure looks awesome but for now out of my price range.
Wonder why Fabfilter and others don't do as Waves, adjustment with the arrow keys on the keyboard?

Morten Andersen

I'm only using a trackpad, perhaps I just need a normal mouse with a muse wheel :-)

Morten Andersen
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list