FabFilter User Forum

mouse wheel behaviour

Im using the Fabfilter Pro Q3 and ProC2 since a while.
Im very happy with the sound and features.
Just wondering about the mouse wheel behaviour.

There is some non linear acceleration - similar to a mouse speed acceleration. I find that very disturbing and even after many months using the fabfilter plugins I dont get used to it.

I prefer the more linear behaviour that I find on other Plugin brands (Voxengo, Soundtoys etc...).

Any way to adjust/remove that "acceleration"?
Thank you!

vanielik

We did this on purpose, so you can easily fine-tune a setting by moving the mouse wheel slowly, and also quickly set a completely different value by moving it quickly.

Which type of mouse are you using? Windows/Mac? And is there a specific control that doesn't work well for you, or is it just on all knobs?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

thanks for the reply.

I was expecting, that you did it on purpose :)
just like a mouse speed acceleration

I find it hard to make good use of that feature, its rather disturbing to me. If my move is just a lil to quick/big the value suddenly jumps somewhere...if I want a +1dB 0 -1dB change around a certain value, while not looking at the keyboard, just listening. I just cant do it with that acceleration in the fabfilter plugins...either nothing happens, or the change is to big.

Im used to the linear behaviour where I can just add the "shift" key for fine tune. To me that feels much more natural.

Im using Cubase 10, win 7 with a logitech MX Master mouse

vanielik

+1 for this to be optional. For me acceleration does not play well with stepped non-continuous mousewheel.

Brano

same for me. i would love to eq without watching numbers but the gain values goes crazy so i have to focus more on the way i move the mouse than listening.

that's the most annoying thing in pro-q 3. please consider making mouse accelleration an optional feature.

crematorium

Im using FF since 3 years now on a daily basis!
I love my FF plugins
but

I still cant get used to this unpredictable mouse wheel behaviour!
Its a pain fiddling with this...sometimes almost nothing happens,
but if I go a little faster... the value jumps to the moon.

Pleeeaaasssseee do something about it!
And add some "disable mouse wheel acceleration" into the options menu?

vanielik

+1 This is as strange as before to the point that I've learned to not use the mousewheel for adjustments at all.

Brano
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list