FabFilter User Forum

5.1 ITU channel order

Hi,

In the Fairlight tab of DaVinci Resolve Pro-L2 doesn't adapt to the correct channel order. If I change the channel order to 5.1 Film which reflects the channel order of Pro-L2 it still doesn't seem to route audio properly.

Is there a workaround?

Tom Lowe

What I'm seeing in DaVinci Resolve, is that Pro-L 2 is always inserted in stereo format (so the output meter shows just two channels) instead of in 5.1 format. Is that what you're seeing as well?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

When I set the channel order to 5.1 Film its showing stereo within Pro-L2. In 5.1 (which is ITU) it’s doing something weird where it’s duplicating one channel, with a delay.

This is on the latest beta of 16.

I’d be happy to do some tests for you. I’ve not tried Pro-Q3 on a 5.1 track yet

Tom Lowe

OK, I think I know why this is happening and I've contacted DaVinci Resolve support to try to get in touch with the developers.

What happens is that Resolve asks the plugin for a channel configuration with 5.1 in, stereo out, and in this case our plugins just use a stereo in/out configuration. I don't know why they don't ask for 5.1 in, 5.1 out so that's what I'm going to ask them. I can't think of a workaround for now unfortunately.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for getting on to this so quickly. If there’s anything I can do to help out, do let me know.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Lowe
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list