FabFilter User Forum

Solo Band Q adjust with mouse wheel

After installing Pro Q 3 (loved Pro Q1&2), scroll wheel Q adjust during band solo doesn't work anymore. It just unsolos the band and won't change the Q until I release the mouse click. A workaround is hitting command then soloing and moving the trackball, but that typically causes the frequency to change... All that said, it also stopped working in Pro Q 2 so perhaps it's a setting that got changed, but I can't figure out how to get this functionality back. I'm on Mac 10.12.4, Protools 12.8.1, kensington expert mouse (trackball)

Will

Hi Will,

Are you using the latest 3.11 version of Pro-Q 3? I just checked and with this version, mouse wheel Q adjust during solo works as designed. We did fix a bug related to this earlier, so please check the version that you're using (using Help > About).

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for your prompt reply Frederik. I was 3.11, but the problem was with my trackball drivers. I uninstalled Kensington Trackballworks and now the scrollwheel is working as it should. Thanks again!

Will

Hey guys,

Just googled and found this thread as I have been having the same issue with my trackball for a while now and it's driving me nuts! I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Kensington drivers with no luck, so just wanted to ask how you were able to fix this.

Thanks!

Nick

Nikolaos Kodonas
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list