FabFilter User Forum

Warning: beware of second-hand license transfer scams

Hi everyone,

Lately, we've seen some active scamming by a person who acts as if he sells a second-hand license and processes license transfers... but never does.

The scam works as follows: the seller offers a license (e.g. on eBay, KVR Marketplace etc.). Once you agree on a price, the seller tries to convince you that he will officially transfer the license to you. He will send you a fake e-mail (looks like it's coming from sales@fabfilter.com), which says something like "the license transfer for ... has been initiated from user ...", "as soon as the seller has confirmed receiving payment, license shall be released to ..." and contains "DO NOT REPLY".

Obviously, this is fake, it's a scam. This is not how license transfers work in our system.

To read more about how to safely purchase a second-hand license, read www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/#ive-found-a-second-hand-license-for-sale-online-is-this-legit

Floris (FabFilter)

Hi there, i've bough license transfer token and transfer my mastering bundle to new user. But new user never received confirmation email. Also in my end it said transferred.

Gerdeo
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list