FabFilter User Forum

How do you side chain dynamic EQ in Pro Q-3 to an external track using Fl Studio?

Trying to sidechain a high shelf to an external kick. I enabled dynamic mode and routed the external track correctly (used 'side chain to this track', then in the VST wrapper settings I went to 'processing' and selected my external track as the 'stereo side chain') but am not sure how to get the high shelf node to respond to the input. Any ideas how to do this in the FL Studio version 20.1?

JT

When you make the high shelf and made it Dynamic, you need to click on "Auto" above the Gain knob and then click on the little symbol on the left side of the dB meter which should showed up.

Hope it helped,

kind regards

Vasu

Hi, I'm having a similar issue in FL Studio 20, and I can't seem to figure it out. I'm trying to have the bass dynamic EQ triggered to duck whenever the kick hits, but I can only seem to get the bass dynamic EQ to duck whenever the bass itself hits.

How do I accomplish this? I have it so the two are shown as different spectrums, so I see the kick drum underneath the bass, but the trigger is stuck on the bass, and I would like the trigger to be set in conjunction with the kick.

Tommy Fadgen

Hi Tommy,

See the post above: click the Auto button and then click the little external side chain button next to the Threshold slider to enable external triggering.

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman

Hi I'm still having same issue! I followed the suggestions and all videos online and still can figure it out. Bass ducks in everytime but not when kick comes in from external source.. Help!!

JF

hi, im trying to do something different.... im attempting on ducking the hihat bleed from an overhead mic with my individual hi ht signal using the external triggering option. doing this process on STUDIO ONE 4, any clue on how to achieve that on this daw ?

opi

The problem is that the fl studio sidechain signal is not recognized by pro q 3. Only when the sidechain volume is turned up. I watched a video on youtube where in another daw you can route signals not only to another mixer channel but to a specific plugin. So no doubled volume will get to the master bus. How to fix this in fl studio? Please help!

Patrick

Works flawlessly here. Like insert ProQ3 on the bass track, send the kick track as sidechain to the bass channel, open ProQ3 and in the wrapper settings under processing click "automap inputs" to make ProQ3 know there is a sidechain signal, in ProQ3 itself insert a band, setup the dynamic range, change from auto to manual and activate the sidechain for that band. Pretty much like you would expect it.

HS
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list