FabFilter User Forum

demo not working

I downloaded the Fabfilter Twin and installed it into my VST folder. I opened it in FLstudio and chose "evaluate." The dispaly shows but I hear no difference in sound as I scroll through the presets.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Very strange! I know that many users work with Twin in FLstudio, so there must be a solution. Could you send us a FL project so we can reproduce the situation here and test with it?

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

Here's one: download.yousendit.com/0ADF999454F8A6D2

I just opened a blank project and tried it but nothing happened.

Do I need to turn it on somehow?

The effect mix level is on all the way.

It is on the correct channel.

The 3xosc is running through twin but there is nothing that occurs even when presets are switched.

And when I try it on another project, it does the same.

darn, I really was thinking of joining the group buy

Adam

Aha! I got it: you're trying to use FabFilter Twin as an effect, which it is not. It's a synth of course. So what you are hearing is just the 3xOsc.

Try this: from the main menu you choose Channels->Add One->FabFilter Twin. This adds an instrument channel, and you will be able to play Twin with your midi keyboard.

Let me know if this worked!

Floris (FabFilter)

oh, I thought all of your products were effects... stupid me. Thanks :)

Adam

Does Volcano have fabfilter one in it?

And I was using twin and timeless together but after 5 minutes or so it just completely distorted. Here's the file:

download.yousendit.com/9260C2874C964600

just let this loop run for a while and you'll see what i mean.

Adam2

also, is there any reason to get Simplon and One if I am already going to get Volcano and Twin?

Is everything that is in Simplon and One already in Volcano and Twin?

Adam2
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list