FabFilter User Forum

AU UBs & VSTs crash Digital Performer

I just purchased the Total Bundle (Twin, One, Timeless, Volcano, and Simplon) in the LUG Group Buy. However, since I use Digital Performer 4.61 running under OS X 10.3.9 on a PPC G4, I appear to have a major problem with this purchase.

DP's AU check passes all the FF plug-ins, but crashes every time at the "Gathering Info For..." stage of the process.

Undaunted, I disabled the AUs and tried the VSTs in VSTWrapper 4.1.5. But DP crashes the moment VSTWrapper starts to load the first FF VST.

Obviously, I haven't been able to register the plug-ins since I can't open them in DP. However, I can forward crash logs if necessary.

I have seen a previous post here concerning the AU-UB problem in DP. I don't understand this since I've successfully installed other AU-UB plug-ins from other manufacturers. The workaround that post suggests is to use the older non-UB versions of the AUs. However, these are only available for One, Twin, and Volcano, and not for Timeless or Simplon.

Since I have a rock-steady setup here producing pro output every day, I am naturally reluctant to pull it all apart in order to install a new operating system and an upgrade to DP5 (which comes with a new set of bugs).

I was really looking forward to using these plug-ins, particularly Timeless, which I wanted to A/B against my UAD-1 Roland RE-201.

All suggestions will be gratefully considered.

David Bourke

Hi David!

We're working on this issue! I will get back to you about this asap!

Best,

Floris (FabFilter)

David,
I have the same problem. I tried FabFilter One and when DP checks for the Audio Units says that the AU is ok but seconds after that, DP crashes. I had to remove FabFilter One to continue using DP. It is very frustrating. Anyway, DP creates a crash log that might be useful in order to fix this issue. Maybe the problem has to do with the universal binaries version that gets into non-intel macs and therefore won't work. A mac non-intel version might fix this. I haven't heard of this problem on macs running intel chipsets.
I look forward to try the fixed version in DP since FabFilter One seems to be a killer soft synth. Hurry in fixing this!

Sergio

Sergio,

Floris has emailed me privately to say they're working on a fix for this problem. All I can say in the forum is that things look very promising indeed for the near future.

I am extremely impressed with FabFilter's response to this problem, and with their dedication to tech support for their users.

Hold on. Help is on the way.

David Bourke

... guys! Special DP-fix versions of all plug-ins will be made avaible for you this coming week!

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

How's that for unprecedented service, people? It's enough to make me want to buy ALL of FabFilter's products.

Uh, wait a minute...I just did. :)

Thank you very much indeed, Floris. I can't wait.

David Bourke

Hi guys!

The new versions are online! Check this post for the links:

www.fabfilter.com/topic.php?topic=393

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list