FabFilter User Forum

Weirdness when installing Pro L2

I recently purchased four FF plug ins. Three have installed but I am having problems with Pro L2.

The system is Win10 64bit and the software is Sadie 6.

I can load L2 into my mixer, so it does exist on the system and is seen by Sadie, but I have no presets and if I make any changes to the settings they are not saved with the mixer. Indeed when I save the mixer Sadie crashes, takes at least two attempts to restart and comes back with a default L2. All other ff plug ins work fine.

So far I have uninstalled and installed many times, redownloaded the installer and installed again.

Now I am alternating anger and sadness but that is not getting me very far either.

Any ideas?

Tom Leader

Hi Tom,

I'm going to have a look to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thank you. I am still trying to install but, no luck yet. it is very odd that the other three plug ins have worked fine.

Tom Leader

I've tried Pro-L 2 in Sadie 6 now (latest version) and had no problems opening the plugin, loading presets, and saving the session.

Regarding the presets issue, can you click Options > Change Preset Folder in the presets menu and check if the location exists and is writeable? Can you try the Restore Factory Presets option next?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Good afternoon,
I have changed the preset folder and saved a set up. It is visible as a ffp file but does not restore when read.
Interestingly when I restore the factory presets my recently written file remains.

I have a feeling that I need to get rid of this installation of L2 completely and re-install. I am not sure that a windows delete is getting rid of everything.

Tom Leader

So, yesterday I uninstalled Pro L2 and manually removed the bits I can see that the uninstall leaves behind, the presets folders in documents and the midi ffm folder. Then I reinstalled this morning.

Still no luck. Pro L2 does not load presets and, although the plugin loads in the mixer I cannot save any changes or reload a mixer that contains Pro L2 without Sadie crashing.

I will continue to bang my head against this wall. The pain is getting to be quiet pleasant.

Tom Leader

Sorted!
Uninstalled Pro L2 reinstalled Sadie and reinstalled Pro L. Works.

I hear a large gin and tonic with ice and lime approaching.

Tom Leader

Awesome!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list