FabFilter User Forum

Can you resell FabFilter plugins?

I am buying (maybe) some FabFilter plugins, resale, from someone online and I want to make sure it's legit. How would I go about transferring a license to my name?

Andrew Graham

Yes you can do this. The process is that you pay this person the agreed-upon fee, and then they transfer the plugins to you using your e-mail address, creating a new FabFilter account or adding to your existing account.

Be aware: there are unfortunately scammers out there so you will want to buy from a trustworthy person. If the price is too good to be true, it usually is. Selling a license key directly is always a red flag: you will get your own license key after an official transfer. And I would be very wary buying via Ebay etc. The KVR marketplace is a safer place to buy since you can often check a seller's track record.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I'm looking to buy a plugin from someone but how does it work on the basis that I don't yet have a fabfilter account for them to transfer to because I have not purchased anything yet? Thanks

Daniel Staff

Hi Daniel,

You'll get an account automatically when they transfer the plug-in(s) to you. Just give your name and email address to the seller.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

If i buy a bundle and if i need only 6 plugins our of 7, can i re-sell the one i dont use to someone else?

Nadis

Hi Nadis,

No, you can not transfer single plug-ins from within a bundle. You can only transfer the complete bundle. However, if you need a custom bundle just send us an email at info@fabfilter.com

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list