FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q3: Sidechaining in Reaper

Hi,
sidechaining in Reaper is normally done by increasing the channel-count of a track. In case of a regular stereo-signal this would be a change from 2 to 4 channels.

Unfortunately Pro-Q3 switches the plugin from Stereo to Quadro-Mode when there are more then 2 channels on a track. The processing of channel 3/4 is also activated by default which can be confusing when track 3/4 are used later.

Is there a way to use the sidechain in reaper while keeping Pro-Q3 in stereo mode?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes! In recent Reaper versions, there's an option for this. In the plug-in connector, click on I/O, then set "Request VST3 bus channel count" to Stereo.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Works perfectly. Thanks! :)

Chris

On a related note, on prerelease Reaper (and I think current) and Pro-Q 3, other instances of the plugin don't show the channel name in the sidechain spectrum menu.

Toby

Hi Toby,

You should use the VST3 version of Pro-Q 3 in Reaper to show the track names in the list of external spectrums.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for the tip on the VST3 bus channel request function.

Airon

GREAT TIPS! I'm set, thanks.

Toby

Hello! The plugin doesn't show me the external sidechain button on the eq node, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. . . Help me please

NEC

Hi NEC,

Which host are you using?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list