FabFilter User Forum

HiDPI in Ableton Live 10 Win10 with OS 150% scaling

Hi,

I recently moved to a 4k screen - for usability Windows is set to 150% scaling. In Ableton Live 10 it supports HiDPI so the host looks crisp, but because the plugins are scaled they have a slightly soft appearance. In Ableton you can right click on a plugin and turn off Auto-Scale Plugin Window - if the plugin natively supports scaling itself. So for example using Omnisphere you can turn off auto-scale and the plugin visually looks crisp, but is obviously small and you scale the window using Omnispheres own resizing.

I tried to do a similar thing with my FabFilter plug-ins as a lot of them eg. Pro-Q3 supports resizing. However when you turn Auto-Scale off for your plugins when you open the plugin interface it doesn't render correctly and seems to display a cropped version of the interface and the mouse seems to not line up correctly to where it interacts with the GUI.

Any idea why this would be? Or is there a way round this? Obviously I can turn Auto-Scale for those plugs back on but the interfaces have that soft scaled look - which seems a tad disappointing given how impressive your interfaces are and they support scaling themselves. First world problems I know!

Thanks
Ross

Ross

Hi Ross,

I can reproduce the issue with Live 10.0.5 and I think it might be introduced by a recent Live 10 update, as High DPI support worked perfectly with earlier versions of Live 10. We'll investigate to see what is happening here. Thanks for the report!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Just to let you know - having updated to Live 10.0.6 this issue seems fixed!

Ross
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list