FabFilter User Forum

Importing Pro Q 2 presets to Pro Q 3

Hi there, I'm still having trouble importing Pro Q 2 settings to Pro Q 3. This may have been covered more in the forum, but I can't see it.
Both versions are currently saving settings as .tfx folders and Pro Q 3 won't import .tfx folders into Pro Q 2. How do I save Pro Q 2 settings as .ffp files?
In an old forum topic regarding going from Pro Q 1 to Pro Q 2, you describe the following (see below) but it doesn't seem to work for me. Any thoughts?? Thanks, Richard

"You need to export the settings inside the plugin itself. It will save the presets into the "%docs%\FabFilter\Pro-Q" folder as *.ffp files as default or you can choose where to save the presets.

In Pro-Q, click where you see the preset name (the bit that usually says "Default Setting"). In the dropdown menu, select "Save As" from there. This will save your preset as *.ffp instead."

Richard

The TFX format is used by Pro Tools. Instead, you should be saving the presets from inside the Pro-Q 2/3 interface. Click on the presets button here and click Save As to save the preset.

Look for "presets" in the screen shot in this topic to see where the presets button is:
www.fabfilter.com/help/pro-q/using/overview

In Pro-Q 3, there's a "V2 Preset Folder" submenu in the presets folder where you can find Pro-Q 2's presets.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list