FabFilter User Forum

FF ProQ, ProL (others?) Ableton Live Device Rack Preview

I don't know if this is even something Ableton makes possible, but I love how I can quickly see the settings of an EQ8 (Ableton's native EQ plug-in) by looking only at the device rack i.e. i don't have to open it to check.

Having this means I can quickly scroll through each channel to verify a common theme such as high-pass settings on. This feature is why I may choose to use EQ8 over the FF-ProQ, or even Ableton's limiter over PRO-L for simple applications in some cases.

Is there a way for FF plug-ins to visually show their settings besides the little XY pad all 3rd party plug-ins get?

David

I don’t think that’s possible but we’d love to hear about it if there’s a way to do this.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hmmm no you can't, it's closed for 3rd party developers. Maybe something can be arranged through an elaborate M4L device, but I'm not sure....

Bram

If I enable automation (even if that doesn't change the value) on any parameter of a 3rd party plug, it will show next to the XY pad with the value display. I am not sure if this is an answer to your question but I use this regularly in Ableton to quickly see settings without opening the actual plug.

Portwill
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list