FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q 3 coming November 29

Just saw this on YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyiKkOz8gyE

Our wish has been heard... Dynamic EQ inluded.

Take my money (what will be the upgrade price from 2?!

Sven

Existing Pro-Q users will get a 50% to 65% discount via the Personal Upgrade Offer in their account, depending on the products they already own!

Floris (FabFilter)

I just bought pro q-2 yesterday am I really going to have to pay another 35-50% of pro q-3's price on top of what I already paid for pro-q 2? It would have been cheaper for me to just have bought pro q-3 outright! I feel quite let down by this. Is there something you can do for people in my position who have literally just bought pro q-2?

Thanks

K wasley

They commented on Facebook and YouTube and said that there is a grace period which means you will get the new version for free. This only applies to people who very recently purchased Pro-Q 2. The exact time frame hasn't been made clear yet but often times companies will have a 30 day grace period. It's safe to say it probably won't be longer that a 30-day grace period but this information will be made clear by the time the plugin is released for sure.

NoTheorem729

Great! I will be purchasing this on Thursday.

Paul

can't wait :)

franz 75015

50%, it's expensive for an update… :-(

Christian MÉLINE

50% of the full price is a (VERY!) expensive price for an update! I like FabFilter very much, but the update prices are simply dreadful! :(

Of course I would be happy to pay for updates because it's their hard work and they deserve compensation, no problem!
But with this high update price, I feel a bit like they are trying to milk their customers for cash... it's like punishing us for buying FF plugs and liking them so much! lol Sorry... ..now, looking forward to check out version 3 already! :D ...hopefully there will be a sale for the update price pretty soon!

3ee

No one forces any one of you to update, you can stay with pro-q2 for long years to come and still have a fantastic tool to use.
You have no idea how much work and effort it takes to create such
software.
The prices are their business. If you're gonna pay the price, then you know very well that it's worth it.

It's funny how people today want to get paid for their hard work, isn't it?

Yroth

If 50% discount is not enough for you, just buy more plugins and then you'll be eligible for a 65% discount, which increases to 70% during either of the two seasonal sales, simples!

Pie

I just bought Pro-Q 2 on September 25th, and an $89.50 (in my case) update strikes me as quite high too. This was my first FF plugin, and I have since purchased Pro-L 2 as well.

I get that the update is much more than a simple bug fix, and that there are several cool new features besides the dynamic function: L/R/Mid/Side per band, viewing frequencies across instances etc...

I also get that "no one is forcing us to buy it", that we got what we paid for and can still use Pro-Q 2 and all of that. So I'm not going to pretend to be able to assert what is fair or what is not fair.

But I do wish to say aloud that from my own, entirely subjective POV, the price feels both exploitive and excessive, and both induces unhappiness and a feeling of regret about deciding to cast my lot with FF.

Michael

Yeah, we know how much work and effort was put into to produce this product, no doubt about it. But first we talk about an UPdate, not a new bought tool. 2nd, software is not hardware. 3rd everyone who loves Q2 and bought Q2 have to pay the same money at the end compared to people who buy this product today? Look at NI Komplete, you pay 200$ for an entire upgrade. And lately I bought (updated) Neutron 2 for 49$ with an dyn eq and what ever included, this is a price which is hard to beat. Other companies sometimes give you complete free upgrades. Even if you pay, it’s ok, but the price for owners should be still reasonable.

Alexey

I would have liked a "resonator" so much ... in fact, I was waiting for it ;-)

Christian MÉLINE

"de-resonator" sorry

Christian MÉLINE
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list