FabFilter User Forum

Pro Tools crashing when using Fabfilter plug ins

There seems to be a correlation between me using a fabfilter plug in, Pro C, Pro L, Pro MB, Pro Q2 and Pro Tools crashing. I can only get the crash to happen when I use a Fabfilter plug in.
I open the plug in on an insert and it works for awhile but fairly quickly I can no longer get any drop down menus to work. Like trying to add another plug in or saving or quitting. I have to force quit, relaunch and take the plug in out.
Fabfilter might not be the cause but I don't get this on any other plug in I use as far as I can tell. Pro Tools 12.8 and now Pro Tools 2018. Mac OS 10.13.4

NoNickName

Hi,

Are you using Pro Tools on a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar? We've fixed an issue that only occurred on these systems some time ago. Can you double-check to see if you're using the latest versions of your FabFilter plug-ins?

See here for downloads and latest version numbers: www.fabfilter.com/download

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

great.
Thank you. I missed the update. downloading now.

NoNickName

Hello,
I have the same issue with Pro Tools 11.3.1 and the latest version of Pro-Q 3, on my iMac (macOS 10.13.6).
What should I do?
Thank you

Simon

Hi Simon,

This issue has been resolved in a past update, so I think it's related to something else. Could you describe your exact issue?

Please note that Pro Tools 11.3.1 is only supported for MacOS 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9, Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite.

Cheers, Ralph

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list