FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q2 AUv3 Unit

Hi Frederik,

I've bought the Pro-Q2 twice. Once for my PC and once in Auria. Now I've seen that the Plug-In is also for iOS as a AUv3-Unit available. Do I need to buy it once again to use the Q2 in other DAW's like Cubasis or is there a way to use the Q2 from Auria as a AUv3 Plug-In as well.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Greetings Rob

Rob

You can see your answers near the bottom of the thread, from 16th July onwards..

www.fabfilter.com/forum/2687/ios-audiounit?replies=114#comment11251

Cool,

King

King

Ok thanks for this advice.

I would understand the Fabfilter statement in such a way that I would now have to purchase the same plug-in a third time. I think that's a pity and I'm not going to do it either. Even if it is cheaper than the PC version. What annoys me is the fact that I spent the money on Auria and also on the plug-ins. If I had known beforehand that there would be a version of the plug-ins that I could use universally, I would not have done that. Now I'm tied to Auria, which I only bought because of the Fabfilter plug-ins. Unfortunately, Auria didn't convince me that much. Since I use Cubase on my PC, I would have preferred to use the plug-ins for Cubase.

I assume that the license for the Fabfilter plug-ins in Auria cannot be converted to a license for the AUv3 version either, right?

It is a pity that once again you have to bow to Apple's arbitrariness and that there is no customer-friendly solution.

Greetings Rob

Rob

... Since I use Cubase on my PC, I would have preferred to use the plug-ins for CUBASIS. Not Cubase once again.

Sorry for that.

Rob

Rob

As I explained in the other thread, normally we would have provided the AUv3 plugin either free or charge or for an upgrade price to our existing Auria in-app plug-in users. But we simply are unable to do that because Apple doesn't tell us who purchased from us. To compensate for that, prices are a lot lower on iOS than for Mac/PC.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list