FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q 2 iOS - Bugs/Features.

Hey u guys,

Need a place to put these topics.. now if I had an email address to sent to..

Anyway,
Can we have a built in user preset folder?

We need this, as hosts don’t transfer the presets to other hosts.
We need this also because we need to be able to save within the standalone.

This is not only for Pro- Q 2, but for (and more so) all the forthcoming plugins.

(Please send me an email address so I can communicate off the air)

Cheers,

King

King

Currently it isn't possible to save your presets inside the Pro-Q 2 AUv3 plugin on iOS, but we're looking to do something about this in the future. This does require a bit of work, so we decided to ship without internal preset save support first, since many hosts offer it as well. But we definitely see the value in saving presets internally as well.

Like I said in the other forum topic, you can always email us at info@fabfilter.com. The forum is more suitable for questions that are useful for other users as well.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Excellent!

—————

2, Another we need is; to be able to see the control knobs in the standard letterbox size.
I have to either full screen it or resize before they appear.

Maybe a switch to turn it on and off, when it is in that small size? (Not the same thing as tapping the points) unless this is a bug?

btw, nice touch with the knob long press to bring up the keyboard to enter a value.

—————

3, Could we also have the frequency numbers along the bottom, also along the top. Or they move to the top when we select the keyboard display.

—————

Just today I was trying to guess the address.
Must have missed it where ever you posted it.

I guessed “info@fabfilter.com” but also thought it might be “.net” or something.
Didn’t try any, as I already tried the other day by clicking on Floris' name, which gives a hidden email, which comes back undelivered.
Cheers for that, for my deeper question, I’ll use it.

King

King

Just read your reply in the other thread, with the address link.

Cheers,

King

King

4, the bypass button is too many step away. It would be nice to have it available at all times.

—————

Yes, some of these bugs/requests were there since before AUv3, but this looks like it will be updated more frequently, (at least its possible) and we don’t have to wait for Auria to be updated to reap the benefits.

Love Auria still..

Cheers,

King

King

5, The “Pop-up Menu” for the bands is obscured (by the finger) a lot of the time.

Example; when dragging down, it only goes above the finger at approximately [-8.77db].
And when going up, it jumps under the finger at about [+8.40db]

Going up is understandable, as Pro-Q 2 is running out of screen\ui real estate. But maybe at that time the “Pop-up Menu” could go to the side, left or right, depending where you are along the frequency spectrum.

Cheers,

King

King

6, You should have other reports coming in from others about this one, but I’ll put it here too.

Couldn’t get 16 instances to load within AUM, they all crash when loading the 15th or 16th..
.. and, I can only “RELOAD LAST SESSION” in AUM with max 14 instances.

Testing done in a new empty project.

Mini 2 - 11.4

King

King

We are aware of a problem when loading many instances and are currently investigating this. Will be fixed in an update.

I'll have a look at the behavior of the EQ parameter value display, maybe it needs to behave a little differently on a touch device.

Regarding the band controls not being visible in the default interface size -- that's a tough decision we had to make. We did enhance the pop-up menu and added extra delete/menu buttons to the EQ parameter value display so you can access all features directly from the display. But I agree that Pro-Q 2 is best used in a larger display mode and we're working with host app makers to get them to easily support this.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Cheers! Cheers! and Cheers!

I’ll get back to this shortly. (Ref: 2)

Cheers,

King

King

7, When we Solo a Band (and hold) we get the menu pop-out to the right hand side (Shape, Slope etc), it’s a tad off putting, and also blocks the immediate right hand side of the graph.
We already have the little downward arrow underneath the X, to gain access to this same menu.

I know you understand.

Cheers,

King

King

8, On a similar theme as (7) but in a slightly opposite way:

Could we have the preset(s) menu stay open until we tap outside of it? I would like to audition presets without having to drill back down to that page each time.cheers!

This will be even more useful with the creative plugins - Saturn, Volcano 2, Twin 2 etc etc..

We have the arrows, ( < > ) but it's nice to select a preset by name, also to be able to jump to a few different presets you know, quickly.

"Start as you mean to go on"

Cheers,

King

King

FabFilter!

Today, I just want to show my appreciation for the AUv3 version of Pro-Q 2.

Sometimes the appreciation can get lost in the hype etc, but for me, it is still there.

It’s a big change! ... and I guess not so simple, but it’s in the AppStore (and on my pad)
So cheers!

King

King

9, Big Big issue!

A few times, instances have crashed on load up in AUM (with only 3 or 4 instances). Have to reload project to get them working.

Just now I loaded a project I was working on last night, and all looked normal. However, when I opened the Pro-Q 2 instances they were all blank and set to the “Default Setting” preset.
I don’t know at what stage it happened, as I had the nodes bypassed at some stage (I think) wasn’t keeping track of all that.
Please tell me someone else has reported this!

This one is HUGE!!!

King

King

Hey guys,

I must stress how important #9 is!

There have been to many occasions where I have lost all the settings, and get the default flatline.

Any info on this particular one, big of a show stopper..

Cheers,

King

King

Great stuff on the update guys!

I can now load 108 instances in AUM (a lot more than 14).

Also I can see the menu box perfectly!

—————

Haven’t seen you guys on the forum for a while though. I may just start emailing you instead.

King

King

“Haven’t seen you guys on the forum for a while though”

Much!

King

King

We are here! :) Great to see the update is working for you.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list