FabFilter User Forum

FabFilters Not Scaling Properly with Live 10 (Beta)

All the fabfilters are not scaling properly when loaded in Live new 10 beta. The only way to get it to scale properly is to reset font size to 100% but on my 32" monitor that is too small.

Any one have a fix?

Erik F

Which exact version of Live are you using?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

10.0.3b3 Build 2018-06-26

The non-beta is OK with fab -- it's just the beta.

Erik F

Hi Erik,

That's very unfortunate. Have you reported the problem with Ableton?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Yes, reported to the Beta Group but no fix yet. Evidently it's associated with users who have Hirez 4K monitors and have their font size set to 125% or 150%

Font size reset to 100% will allow Fabfilters to be seen as it should. but anything larger and the fabfilter window is overly magnified - doesn't show everything.

Erik F

Hi Erik,

They're working on a fix.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I actually found a solution for it: There's an option to disable Auto-Scaling by right-clicking on the Plug-In in your Ableton Plug-In Window!

RandomHelpfulGuy

I've been testing the plugins on Ableton 10.0.5 on Windows 10 (1809) and having the same issues. If plugin scaling is turned on they appear blury and if its switched off, this happens.

Pro-Q 3 - imggmi.com/uploaded/2019/1/20/022df4c68797dfae46635ef2b0d189b1-full.jpg.html

Pro-R - cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/1/20/79f10f7ee9aa0250ebc8676fd9c73187-full.jpg

Any advice folks? Other plugins just appear smaller and then scaling has to be manually set within the plugin itself.

Luke

Hi Luke,

We do fully support High DPI scaling in our plug-ins, but there is an issue with certain graphics drivers that causes the scaling to misbehave like in your screen shot. Fortunately we found a solution for this, and will include this fix in the next round of plug-in updates, to be released within a few weeks.

For now, the best option is to keep the Auto-Scale Plug-In Window enabled -- this will disable High DPI for the plug-in.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list