FabFilter User Forum

Pro-MB more accurate GR metering

I have a future request for Pro-MB. I love it and use it alot in mastering. It is just that I would appreciate to have more accurate gain redustion metering that would reflect what is going on with certain band. The "movement of bands" simply isn't accurate enough.

For example If I want to compress occasional peaks at 50Hz for 1dB for example and I set a range control to be 1,5dB or lower, where compressor would only occasionaly tame some particular peak (of double bass for example), there is simply no indication that any gain reduction is occuring, while I can easily hear it and it is obvious that the compressor is working if I bypass the plugin.

While I am perfectly fine using my own ears, it would still be ok, to have a proper gain reduction metering that would accurately track any compressor action. Not just after it exceeds 2dB for example, like it is in a current state.

Tine Janzek

Hi Tine,

Interesting point. I think we could find a more precise way of displaying GR. We'll take it into consideration for a future update!

Thanks for your feedback!

Maarten

I realize it's not quite what you're asking, but in the meantime a way around it would be to set the display range setting from 12dB to 3dB, which shows at least a bit more accurate small gain reductions.

Bram

Hello, I also agree with Tine Janzek, and I also need an indicator in each band to show that the bands have touched the maximum Range (for example), I would like that to be implemented in FabFilter Pro MB, please , because this will make my job a lot easier, I really need this feature. Thanks greetings.

John
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list